The 10 Minute Showing DrillYou may receive a call requesting a showing in the next ten minutes. The decision to allow the prospective buyers in is yours. If you elect to cooperate with the showing, the following punch list may help:
- Sound - Turn off the television. Soft classical musical is okay, but some people find it distracting.
- Sight - Turn on overly light in the house - day and night. Every window covering should be open (unless the view is unattractive).
- Smell - Heat a pan on the stove and drop in a few drops of vanilla
- Kitchen - Make sure dirty dishes are out of sight
- Bathrooms - Close toilet lids.
- Living/Family rooms - Hide clutter, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Bedrooms - Make the beds, don’t use the closet as a hiding place - try underneath the bed.
- Exterior - Keep the walkway clear, put away trashcans and toys.
- Children & Pets Outside - You too! Let the Realtor sell your home. If you are there the buyer may feel uncomfortable voicing objections and their Agent won’t be able to respond to these objections.
Phyllis Harb, a California native is a Realtor/Marketing Specialist at RE/Max Tri City in La Canada California. Harb has been assisting local home sellers and buyers since 1989 and offers over 10 years additional experience in real estate lending. Phyllis may be contacted at 818 790-7325